These Blueberry Peach Popsicles celebrate the fresh fruit of late summer in a deliciously sweet and simple blend. Just 3 ingredients (or 4 if you use honey) and ready for the mold in minutes, they’re a simple treat that my toddler (and I!) can’t get enough of!
This post contains affiliate links.
As hard as it is to believe, summer is starting to wind down. Our kids aren’t old enough for school yet, so we’re really just noticing the change in the weather where we live. It’s funny how even though we’ve been having some of our hottest days yet, there’s still something in the air that shifts subtly by the middle of August.
While I quite like fall once it’s fully upon us, I always resist the shift from summer. In Cape Breton our summers are often short, and I find myself grasping for every last bit of summer as they start to wind down.
These Blueberry Peach Popsicles are a sweet end-of-summer treat for my girls. They’ll keep eating popsicles practically until the first snow flies, but sweet ripe peaches and a handful of wild blueberries don’t even need any sweetener (and I was planning to add a touch of honey if they did).
For popsicles, they’re super healthy – just fruit and yogurt (and honey if you want), so I don’t mind if they eat them one after another after another. Which my oldest daughter will happily do.
Also, I get asked all the time where I got my popsicle molds. I have this one, by Zoku and we absolutely love it. I think it makes the perfect sized popsicle for a toddler – she actually eats the whole thing before it starts to melt. They also make this one which would be great for slightly older kids. I love that they’re made of silicone instead of plastic, they’re super easy to clean and the popsicles come out easily.
These are so simple that I hesitate to call this a recipe – but you can see the step-by-step photos below the recipe box.
Blueberry Peach Popsicles - a sweet end of summer treat
Servings: 9 mini popsicles
- 1 ripe peach
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- honey (optional)
- Combine pitted and sliced peach and blueberries in a small blender or food processor. Pulse to break down the fruit.
- (I actually used frozen, since I'm trying to use them up before we refill the freezer with more - I just soaked them in warm water for a minute to soften them up)
- Add plain yogurt and blend to combine. If it's too tart add a little bit of honey to sweeten. Mine was surprisingly sweet and I didn't end up adding any honey.
- Fill mold.*
- Freeze until firm. Enjoy! 🙂
* This recipe makes enough to fill our mold twice (we go through the popsicles quickly) so I can just store the extra in the fridge until the mold is empty again and then re-fill and refreeze easily. Or you can just drink it as a smoothie.
Blueberry Peach Popsicles – Step-by-Step Instructions
Blueberry Peach Popsicles – Ingredients
Combine 1 pitted and sliced peach and 1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries (I actually used frozen, since I’m trying to use them up before we refill the freezer with more – I just soaked them in warm water for a minute to soften them up) in a small blender or food processor. Pulse to break down the fruit.
Add 1 cup of plain yogurt and blend to combine. If it’s too tart add a little bit of honey to sweeten. Mine was surprisingly sweet and I didn’t end up adding any honey.
Fill mold. This recipe makes enough to fill our mold twice (we go through the popsicles quickly) so I can just store the extra in the fridge until the mold is empty again and then re-fill and refreeze easily. Or you can just drink it as a smoothie.
Freeze and enjoy this healthy end of summer treat!
You might also be interested in: