This Green Goddess dip is fresh, light and filled with herby goodness. It’s the perfect remedy once you’re sick of heavy holiday food! Dip veggies in it for an easy, healthy snack!
Raise your hand if you’re starting to feel weighed down by all the heavy (delicious) food the holidays bring.
I know I am!
I have a special place in my heart for all things rich and indulgent and I’ve really been enjoying them. At this point, though, I’m ready for something light and bright. A little post-holiday pick-me-up.
This Green Goddess Dip (or dressing) is both fresh and refreshing.
Filled with herbs and lemon juice, it’s the perfect counterpoint to a cold winter’s day, but made mainly with pantry and fridge staples.
Make it for a party, make it for your lunch, make it as a salad dressing or even as a spread for sandwiches and wraps. Enjoy this little taste to spring all winter long. 🙂
(PS – check out our posts on Stocking Your Pantry on a Dime , Stocking Your Freezer on a Dime, and Stocking your Fridge on a Dime.)
Ingredients for Green Goddess Dip (or dressing).
Turn food processor on and with the motor running, drop a garlic clove through feed tube so it gets minced in bowl of processor.
Add 2 cups of roughly chopped fresh parsley and process on high until it is well minced.
Add 1/2 cup of mayo.
Add 1/2 cup of plain yogurt.
Add one green onion, roughly chopped.
Add 3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice.
Add 1 teaspoon of dried basil, 1 teaspoon of dried dill, 1 teaspoon of dried tarragon, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
Process on high until everything is well combined. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate for an hour to set and let flavors meld.
Green Goddess Dip (or dressing)
- 2 cups fresh parsley chopped roughly
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 green onion chopped roughly
- 3 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Turn food processor on and with the motor running drop garlic clove through feed tube so it gets minced in bowl of processor.
- Turn off and remove cover. Add roughly chopped fresh parsley and process on high until it is well minced.
- Add mayo, plain yogurt, roughly chopped green onion, lemon juice, dried herbs, salt and pepper to bowl and process on high until everything is well combined.
- Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate for an hour to set and let flavours meld.
You might also like:
Leave a Reply